Three Backdoor Toys to Try For A Pleasurable Anal Play
So, you want to try anal? Anal play is fun and pleasurable and can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, or genitalia. The anus is responsive to any stimulation because there are tons of nerves in and around it; hence, vagina-havers and people with penises can all experience out-of-this-world orgasms by getting penetrated through the backdoor.
But keep in mind that anal play isn’t for everyone, and engaging in it can be a little scary, especially if it’s your first time. You need A LOT of lube to get started (since the anus doesn’t self-lubricate) and a couple of toys to make it extra fun. Whether you’re going solo or ramping up your anal game with your partner, there's definitely a pleasure toy to match you and your anus.
Here are some that you can check out:
1. Butt Plugs
A butt plug does precisely as its name implies - it plugs up your butt and gives you this feeling of fullness. Any gender can get anal pleasure from butt plugs. If you have a vagina, this wonderful toy can indirectly stimulate your A-spot or G-spot and lead you to female ejaculation. If you have a prostate, a butt plug can help you achieve an intense prostate orgasm.
Butt plugs are also among the most versatile toys and a perfect addition to your kink collection. You can incorporate them into your BDSM play, use them to enjoy some double penetration action, or even wear them in public. Just be sure to choose the right butt plug that will work for you in terms of size and material. If you’re a first-timer, you may want to begin with smaller and thinner-sized plugs and only work your way to bigger ones when you are ready.
Here are some of No Limit Novelties’ recommended butt plugs to make your anal play a lotta fun.
- Rainbow Prism Heart Anal Plug - Featuring a dazzling heart-shaped rainbow gem, this butt plug for beginners is perfect for temperature play. Heat it up or chill it down for a variety of backdoor sensations.
- Beginner's Backdoor Kit - Alone or with a partner, experiment with these three life-like penis-shaped anal plugs. Start small, then work your way up!
- Dynamic Duo - Two silky-smooth silicone vibrating butt plugs that you or your partner can enjoy under the water.
- Zero Tolerance Forever Anal - A more advanced vibrating anal plug. Power it up with the included Zero Tolerance "All Powerful Bullet" and experience earth-shattering orgasms.
- Tunnel Plug - A very filling butt plug with an incredible tunnel hole to keep the anus wide open. Use your imagination and go wild, or easily insert fingers or lube right through the plug.
For a more comprehensive guide about butt plugs, you may check out this article.
2. Anal Beads
When exploring butt stuff, anal beads should be on your list of things to try. Anal beads are long sex toys with beads on a string and a flared base or handle at the end to avoid over-insertion. They are perfect for anal foreplay, anal penetration, and prostate massage. In most designs, the toy starts with small beads and then gradually increases in size as you go up the string. There are also styles where the beads are all the same size.
Unlike butt plugs that are designed to go in and stay in place, anal beads are meant to be taken out and re-inserted. The removal of the beads is what makes this toy pleasurable. The beads can be taken out at varying speeds, depending on what makes you comfortable. You may pull it out slowly, letting each bead pop out, to stimulate your internal erogenous zones and massage your anus, or remove it at a not-too-slow motion right at the time of orgasm to intensify your climax.
Anal beads are best to use with a partner because you can let them control the toy. The element of surprise when someone else pulls out the beads one by one makes everything more arousing. Not sure which anal beads to buy and try? Here are some recommendations:
- Anal Fantasy Collection Beginners Bead Kit - If you're an anal play newbie wanting to explore different-sized anal beads, this kit is for you. Begin with the smallest set of beads (.5-inches) before gradually expanding to .75-inches.
- Climax Anal Silicone Stripes Anal Beads - An 8-inch insertable anal toy with ringed balls for added sensation. Its medical-grade silicone body means it can be frozen for sexy chills or microwaved for hot thrills.
- Anal Fantasy Collection EZ-Grip Beads - Full-size anal beads that will pack you with pleasure. The flexible silicone shaft bends with your body's contours to hit just the right spot.
- Quaker Anal Vibe - Vibrating anal beads featuring 12 vibration modes and a long, bulbous shaft perfect for enjoying deeper delights.
3. Prostate Massager
If females have the G-spot, males have the P-spot. The ‘P’ stands for prostate gland, a walnut-sized organ located just below the bladder and above the penis. When this thing is stimulated, it can drive a man wild and give him the most epic orgasms of his life.
Prostate massagers are the toy specifically designed to stimulate the prostate gland. They are different from butt plugs and anal beads because their role is to really pleasure a guy’s P-spot. In general, prostate massagers look and work similarly. They have smooth and bulbous heads for effortless insertion into the anus and slightly curved bodies to hit all the right buttons. Some of them also vibrate for added stimulation.
When purchasing a prostate massager for either solo play or partnered sex, consider the size, material, and features and choose the one that meets your preferences. Anal play newbies may want to settle for a small size with a smooth texture. But if you’re an expert or want something more intense, you can go for a long and wide prostate massager with rubber spikes and additional vibrating or rotating features. Check out our favorite toys for prostate play:
- Vx1 Prostimulator Prostate Massager - New to prostate stimulation? This beginner-friendly backdoor toy for men works in harmony with your body's natural movements to level up your orgasms.
- Dr. Joel Kaplan P-Rock Prostate Massager - Soft and flexible, this prostate massager features a perfect angle for prostate and testicular stimulation and a high-powered stimulator with push-button activation.
- Loki Wave - Designed to offer both external and internal stimulation from its dual-motors. This toy is the first prostate massager capable of surging within you for intense prostate stimulation.
- Hugo - A prostate massager activated by remote control. It has two powerful engines (at the base and tip) and a smooth shape for bigger and better orgasms.
Butt plugs, anal beads, and prostate massagers can help you make the most of anal play. Experimenting with them for the first time can be a little intimidating, but once you get used to them, you'd be surprised at what you can handle.
The key to enjoying these backdoor toys is to always start with the basic ones before exploring your options in size, style, and sensation. And don't forget to be safe! Engaging in anal play can still expose you to STIs, so always clean your anal toys with warm water and soap or toy cleaners before and after use. Putting condoms on your toys can also help them keep clean. If you have a vagina, do not use the same toy for anal and vaginal penetration to avoid transferring bacteria from the butt.
Have a safe, fun, and pleasurable anal play!